Don’t get us Wrong. We love big, bold, beautiful and statement making wedding gowns and dresses, but there’s something to be said about minimalist wedding dresses that make a statement in a whole different way. With so many details and decor options, wedding planning can be stressful, so why not make it simple. Love by cool girls, minimalist has become a major wedding trend.
To tell you, “There is Beauty in Simplicity.” Some may think you need a loaded centerpiece and layers of linens for table settings, or over flowering floral chandeliers interspersed with string lightning, but there’s so much to be said for the minimal touch.
Here’s the 6 helpful tips to plan your minimalist wedding in one week.
1. If you are looking for something a bit more unique. Start by compiling a list of your favorite free or almost free locations. Think of your garage, beaches, rivers, parks, waterfalls, libraries, warehouses, museum, forested areas and pretty much anywhere else! Selecting a venue is undoubtedly one of the most stressful components of wedding planning, not mention that rental deposit will make a sizable dent in your wedding budget. Skip the stress when planning your minimalist wedding instead, focus your energy on selecting a location you and your partner would be honored to exchange vows in.
2. Instead of spending hours pouring over invitation designs, simply send out your wedding invitations online. The environmentally friendly, cost effective will allow you to provide real-time updates to our friends and families. The majority of our communication is carried out on digital platforms, so why are wedding invitations among the only items we print, sign, seal and deliver in 2019?
3. Instead of investing in things you will never use again to satisfy the wedding status quo, use natural, borrowed or refurbished items to create whimsical decorations for your wedding. There are so many DIY project to choose from, so it’s normal to tackle them all, and there are endless possibilities, if your passionate about crafts.
4. If you want to build a healthy budget. Avoid guest list bloat. Ask for wedding help instead of wedding gifts. With registries, gifts, wedding presents. The pressure is on for both guest and host when it comes to wedding gifts, often leading to a multitude of gifts neither part needed. This will alleviate pressure and rid both parties of social obligation associated with giving and receiving gifts. Instead, ask your guest to donate their time, skills, or useful possessions to make your wedding happen. You may surprised by the hidden talents your friends and families possess.
5. Work with small businesses and make sure your purchases were more than just simple. Buyers often need to have anywhere 5-10 times than to rent your wedding gowns and dresses. So plan ahead on what to purchase and rent on your wedding. When it comes to the honeymoon, for many couples planning is entirely dependent on what leftover cash can be squeeze from the wedding. Many couples even forfeit or postpone their honeymoon as a consequence of exceeding their wedding budget. In this case you can do it backwards when it comes to minimalist wedding. You can plan your dream honeymoon first and then use the leftover cash to plan your wedding.
6. Make your wedding an unplugged affair. Ruining the wedding photos isn’t the only reason that some couples are opting for an unplugged ceremony and asking their guest to refrain from taking pictures. They also want the guest to enjoy the day through their own eyes, when the bride walks down aisle she wants to see the smiling, joyful faces of friends and family, not rows and rows of smartphones and camera lenses. You can start by saying “The bride and groom requested that you turn off your mobile phones and put down all cameras. The photographer will capture how this moment looks and I encourage you all to capture how it feels with your heart without the distraction of technology”.
Thank you for reading our short article about minimalist wedding. If you have anything to add or any comments and suggestion about the topic you can comment down below.