People have been coloring their hair since ancient time.
Rubyanne says “Don’t just live a life of Black and White when there’s a spectrum of COLORS available for you. Don’t confide yourself, instead express urself and have some fun.
Heres the 6 tips for long lasting color and shine
1. After coloring, wait 72 hours before shampooing. It takes up to 3days for the cuticle layer to fully close, which trap the color molecule, allowing for longer lasting hair color.
2. Use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner only. A sulfate-free shampoo won’t dry your hair out as much as a sulfate shampoo would, since sulfate-free shampoos and conditioner are so gentle, so there’s less likely to wash away your hair dye.
3. You can add dye to your conditioner. It’s a trick. If you mix dye with conditioner, you can lighten the color of the dye a bit. But this will only work with some types of dyes. Mixing hair dye with conditioner only makes fantasy colors end up softer.
4. Turn down water temperature when shampooing. Cold water should be use when rising out the conditioner in your hair at the end of wash day. This is because cold water closes the cuticle and pores in the scalp and also add luster and shine, which is due to the closed cuticle.
5. Wash your hair less often. Shampooing too often may lead to hair that’s less than lush.
6. Use shampoo 2-3 times a week. People who wants to take good care of their hair often thinks that washing it everyday with shampoo is good. Many shampoos contains compounds called sulfates, which produce a rich lather that removes oil from the hair. This can help the hair cleaner, but it can also cause damage.
7. You can use leave-in treatments to protect hair color when styling. Leave-in conditioners, sprays and creams are typically applied after you shampoo and condition, usually to towel-dried hair before styling. They can help provide extra moisture as well as de tangle strands, which can help make styling easier
Thank you for reading our short article. If you want to know more about taking care of your perm, Rebonded and colored treated hair you can read some of our article.