No matter what your face shape, there are hairstyles, glasses, hats and makeup techniques that bring out the best in each. In order to work out which face shape you have, you need to find out which parts are long, which ones are short or whether they’re actually all the same. The FOREHEAD is a good place to start. Pull the tape measure from the peak of one eyebrow arch to the peak of the opposite arch. Second is the CHEEKBONES, measure across your upper cheeks, starting and ending at the sharp bump below the outer corner of each eye. And, the third one is the JAWLINE, measure your jaw across your face at its widest point (about an inch down from your ears).
1. An OVAL FACE SHAPE is a longer version of the round face. Your chin still stays rounded, but the length of your face is more than the width. If you think your face shape is oblong but tapers slightly from forehead to jaw, you may have an oval shape face. Oval faces tend to be about one and half times longer than they are wide.
2. The SQUARE FACE SHAPE has a square jaw and minimal curves. Your forehead, cheekbones and jaw are about equal width. Some squares have faces that are as wide as they are long, while others are longer and more rectangular in shape. If you have a square face, the side of your face are straight and your jawline is slightly angled with a very minimal curve. If your jaw is the widest part of your face, you have a square face shape.
3. A ROUND FACE SHAPE is like a square shaped face with softer angles. The sides of your face curve slightly outward instead of being straight. Your chin is rounded and your cheekbones are the widest part of your face. Look for width across the cheekbones to identify a round face. Round faces are widest across the cheekbones with rounder forehead and jawline. Face shapes that are widest at the cheekbones are typically a round face shape, but the length of your face also come into play with a round face shape, the measurement of width and length are basically equal.
4. The DIAMOND FACE SHAPE have a narrow jawline and forehead that are about the same width. This is what sets a diamond face from an oval face. Your hairline is narrower and taper just like your jawline. The significant difference between a diamond face and a heart shape face is the hairline. Your cheekbones are high and pointed. If you’re a diamond, then you’ll have a narrow forehead and a narrow chin that are about the same width the cheekbones are the widest point of the face and the chin is often pointy. But it’s the hairline that is the telltale sign on this face shape, it’s narrow than on any of the other seven types.
5. If your chin is pointed and your forehead is the widest part of your face, you have a HEART SHAPE FACE. Some people may have a widow’s peak at their hairline, but you can still have a heart shape face without one picture an upside down triangle instead. If you have a heart shape face, your base structure will feature a broad forehead and cheekbones with a narrow jawline and chin. A person with a heart shape face will have a long and pointed jawline with the chin being the smallest point of their faces.
6. A PEAR SHAPE FACE means that the widest points of your jaw are slightly wider than the widest points of your hairline. The pear shape face features a forehead that is narrower than the jawline, it’s an inversion of the heart shape. The face tapers inward from your jawline up to your forehead. Also known as the triangle face shape.
7. An OBLONG FACE SHAPE often confuse for the oval face, though an oblong face will have a longer shape that is not as wide as oval, often with a narrow chin. Oblong or “Rectangular” as it is sometimes called are similar to oval and square face shape faces. Also known as “Long” face shape is often confuse for oval face shape. Quite simply, this face shape is longer than it is wide. People with an oblong face could have a long chin and forehead. They typical don’t have a full cheek and their forehead, jaw and cheeks are equal in width.
And now that you know yours, it will be that much easier to make those glasses, hats, hairstyle and makeup choices. Thank you for reading our article.