After saying Yes to the perfect dress and accompanying veil, it’s time to shift focus to the smaller yet just as important details for achieving the ultimate bridal look on the big day. Decisions are made all the way down to the color of nail polish a bride will wear, when all eyes are on the bride as she walks down the aisle, she’ll want her hair and make up that not only compliments her stunning bridal style but also lasts throughout the celebration. That’s the reason why we created this article. Below are the most popular, simple yet elegant bridal updo.
1. The Messy French Twist. Love by many, the French hairstyle is not difficult to make as it seems to be. With little patience and skill, you can create the perfect look. Though the hairdo is mostly visible at weddings and prom nights, it can be also worn to office or an outing. Just keep it simple and make sure that the hair are placed carefully. To do so, start by preparing hair with spray. Take your comb and start teasing the crown section. With your fingers, lightly comb all the hair back as if you’re about to do a mid pony. Follow through to the ends and start rolling the ends to the direction you want the twist in.
2. The Chic Chignon. Chignon is actually a shortened version of the French phrase chignon du cou, which means “nape of the neck”. Though there are many variations, a chignon is traditionally worn low and near your neck, while a bun can be braided, twisted and placed anywhere on your head. Chignon considered a hairstyle reserved for more formal occasions, there’s nothing wrong with adding some texture and rocking it to he office. Whether or not you have a black tie event planned for your future, we dare you to try the simple, Chic Chignon. To do so, make a half pony with 2/3 of your hair in the ponytail and clip this top section. Twist the remaining bottom section of hair into a bun and secure in place with Bobby pins, for fuller appearance, tease this section and give a spritz of texturing spray before creating a bun shape. Unclimbed the top section, wrap it over around and bun in a counterclockwise direction and pin it in place. Repeat this step with the section 1, crossing it over the bun in a clockwise direction and pinning it in place. Finish with a strong hold hairspray to set everything in place. If you have any tendrils left in the front, use a curling iron to create pretty, face framing curls.
3. The Low Ponytail. Like any other bridal hairstyle, the ponytail is a perfect starting point for accessories. Whether you choose to glam up your look with a hair clip, crystal headband, a bunch of blooms, or pretty ribbon, there’s a way to work these must-have accents into this hairdo. To do so, tease the top section hair for natural volume and style it into a pony. Wrap a strand of hair around the pony to hide the band. Pull the lower section hair into another ponytail. Repeat the steps until your ponytail is styled.
4. The Braided Bun. If there’s a more way to freshen up than to make one of braided bun hairstyles? There’s a quick and casual buns you make in a matter of minutes when you are short on time and there are stylish variations of braided buns for a romantic date, night out with friends, prom or even weddings. Do you want to look classy and elegant but maximally natural and spontaneous? Then do not look any further than a chic braided bun. To do so, tie your hair in ponytail. Your hair doesn’t need to be brushed nor smoothed out for this braided bun. Braid your ponytail, braid your ponytail in a classic three-strand braid. Make a hole in your buns. Fold your hair though the hole. Fold your hair again and secure the braid.
5. The Vintage Styles. Here’s the thing about vintage and retro hair. It never goes out of style. The look of the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s are gorgeous and still totally work today. When wearing vintage styles, often we may consider the importance of the right accessories to complete the final outfit. However, the ultimate accessories may actually be our crowning glory, our hair. A hairstyle can immediately add authenticity to a vintage style and can help to finish an overall look beautifully. There are so many vintage style updo, the popular ones are The Classic Waves, The Rolls & Tucks, Victory Rolls, The Poodle and The Vintage Fingerwaves.
Thank you for reading our article.